KCWY seeks a dynamic Account Executive to join our team. An Account Executive is responsible for generating and closing new local direct TV business, as well as selling digital advertisements. The ideal candidate has strong communication and presentation skills and motivation to become the best.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• A proven track record of closing new business
• Ability to make face to face outside sales visits
• Ability to generate sales leads
• Attract and close advertisers to sell products and services on all of our platforms (broadcast, web, digital and social media)
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Present marketing/advertising ideas to area businesses.
• Sell commercial advertising time and other station products to local advertisers
• Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions and service
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
• Other Duties as Assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
• Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
• Great communication and people skills
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Competitive, energetic and self-starter
• Ability to overcome objections
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Nielsen ratings experience a plus
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
Gray Television Group, Inc. dba KCWY
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race,
color, religion, handicap, national origin, marital or veteran’s status.
We use E-Verify.
Posting Date: 02/07/2018
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
KCWY-TV News 13 is a full-service television station and the NBC and CW network affiliate serving the state of Wyoming with news, information and affordable advertising. KCWY broadcasts nearly 20 hours of live, local news every week and has consistently been rated #1 in news by Nielsen since 2003. The station also produces other local programming and commercials with state-of-the-art equipment. KCWY broadcasts statewide with translators in Laramie, Riverton, Sheridan and Cody.
Casper is the second-largest city in Wyoming, according to the 2010 census. Casper is nicknamed "The Oil City" and has a long history of oil boomtown and cowboy culture, dating back to the development of the nearby Salt Creek Oil Field. In 2010, Casper was named the highest-ranked family-friendly small city in the West, and ranked eighth overall in the nation in Forbes magazine's list of "the best small cities to raise a family". Casper is located in east-central Wyoming at the foot of Casper Mountain, the north end of the Laramie Mountain Range, along the North Platte River. Casper is the place where the boundaries between natural and urban landscapes blur, offering unparalleled access to recreation and culture among brilliant blue skies and wide open spaces. As a year-round mountain town, we celebrate the great outdoors across every season.