A year after a Riverton bus caught fire school officials say the bus barn and school routes are back to normal.
Last March a bus in a Riverton bus barn caught fire because of a battery short.
31 buses were stored in the barn, parked inches from each other.
Thanks to the sprinkler system installed two years before the fire was suppressed and only one bus was damaged.
It took time to clean the barn and the remaining buses but school officials are thankful for the help from other districts.
Fremont County Superintendent Terry Snyder told News 13, “Our ability to cover that was really help by the school districts across the state of Wyoming who let us use their extra buses or actually changed their routes to allow us to have a bus to use on our routes our day to day routes it turned out very well but it was truly a state effort."
The sprinkler system was 40-thousand dollars to install.
School officials say the investment saved them almost three million dollars after the fire.