Fire Crews are also working on the Bacon Rind Fire in Montana.
Warm temperatures, drier air, and higher winds last weekend fueled growth on the Bacon Rind Fire to 1,321 acres.
• An area closure in the northwest corner of Yellowstone Park is in effect, impacting all park trails in that area. Trail status can be found in the park’s Backcountry Situation Report to your left.
• All roads and visitor facilities in the park and surrounding communities remain open.
• Fire growth is expected to be moderate this week due to lower temperatures and increased moisture.
• Up-to-date fire information can be found on InciWeb.
• A public fire information phone line has been established at 406-640-3048.
New fire start detected south of Heart Lake:
• The Basin Creek Fire was detected on August 10th and is 0.2 acres burning in a forested area 5 miles south of Heart Lake.
• The fire has prompted precautionary closures of some backcountry sites. Check the Backcountry Situation Report for details to your left for details.