Riverton Farm and Ranch Expo Continues to Flourish

By  | 

The 34th annual Farm and Ranch two-day event kicked off in Riverton this week allowing both ranchers and farmers a chance to network and spread new ideas.

“The turnout has been pretty good."

Agriculture experts set up many booths at the fairgrounds.

“This is a very well attended, a very good event.”

Seminar sessions were also held to discuss cattle feeds discussing parasite resistance, entrepreneurship and more.

Chance Marshall at the University of Wyoming Extension Agriculture shared, “People can always learn it’s great to have all of these experts and one venue and go to the trade show and talk to the local businesses that are here what kind of programs might be out there to help them out.”

We spoke with local farmers and ranchers to find out what they think about the two day event.

“Most of the classes are pretty educational.”

Wyoming farm and Rancher Scott Fegler added he attended the event in the past for multiple reasons.

“I usually go to the livestock classes and learn about the beef classes and the new crops and some of the sprinkler classes that they do.”

He said it’s a great way to network and stay up to date on new products.

"We get quite a few folks that come and hopefully we can make a difference on their operations and really impacts the cattle and crops that they produce and hopefully that can bring home some things to help them out."

“It’s always worth coming and experiencing new things to different bills and all of the activities like I said, if you can learn one new clean that’s going on in the community in about agriculture it’s well worth your while.”

Experts told News 13 educating livestock owners is essential to the food supply industry.

Livestock Nutritionals Jim Killen commented, “We are not just feeding the United States we're feeding central South America and as a matter of fact we're feeding the eastern hemisphere as well, they’re taking 1% of our population and helped them feed the other 99% for less than 10% of their disposable income the safest highest quality of beef you’ve ever had in your lives with the smallest cow heard in our nation’s history."

Event coordinators recommend those who couldn't attend on Wednesday to visit Thursday for a chance to improve agriculture in the state.

The event takes place at the Fremont County Fairgrounds.