Coroner: Wyo. Exchange Student Fell To Death After Eating Pot Cookie

By  | 

Denver, Colo. -- A Northwest College student visiting Denver on spring break died after falling from a Denver hotel balcony.

The Denver coroner says 19-year-old Levy Thamba fell to his death at a Holiday Inn March 11 after eating a marijuana cookie. It’s the first reported death linked to marijuana since the drug became legal for recreational use in Colorado.

An autopsy reveals he died from the fall but it also lists “marijuana intoxication” as a contributing factor.

Thamba was from the Republic of Congo, but was enrolled at Northwest College in Powell, Wyo.

A Denver Police Department spokesman says foul play is not suspected.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus