With spring in full session and summer moving in fast, many are reaching out and applying for that perfect summer job.
Resumes, cover letters and the all-important (sometimes scary) job interview.
So what questions can you look forward to facing for that all-important interview?
With the help of Centennial Junior High students in Casper, we rounded up twenty questions you may face; allowing you to practice your answers and land that sweet summer gig or future career!
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. What are your short-range and long-range career goals and how are you preparing to achieve them?
3. Why did you choose this career?
4. How would you describe yourself?
5. How would a friend or a professor describe you?
6. What do you consider to be your greatest strengths?
7. What do you consider to be your greatest weakness?
8. Why should I hire you?
9. How do you determine or evaluate success?
10. In what ways do you thing you can make a contribution to this company/organization?
11. Describe the relationship that should exist between a supervisor and those reporting to him/her?
12. Describe your most rewarding school or life experience?
13. If you were hiring for this position, what qualities would you be looking for?
14. What careers are you interested in and why?
15. What have you learned from extracurricular activities, what are you hobbies?
16. How do you work under pressure?
17. Describe your ideal job or career?
18. Why did you decide to seek this position and what do you know about the organization?
19. What major problems have you encountered and how did you deal with them?
20. What criteria will you use to evaluate the company you plan to work for?
And finally, ‘When can you start?’
Be sure to smile give a friendly handshake and thank them for the opportunity!