TripAdvisor, the travel site that helps you find the latest reviews and lowest prices, announces the results of its Labor Day travel survey of more than 2,100 respondents.
Based on the survey results, 34% are planning to travel this week for the Labor Day holiday.
Of those traveling, 63% will drive and 31% will fly to their destinations.
In fact, 18% are planning to leave today. However, the roads and airports will be the busiest on Friday as 30% plan to travel tomorrow.
As the Labor Day holiday is considered the unofficial end of summer, the top holiday trips include:
1. 27% will go on a beach or ocean trip
2. 25% will enjoy a city getaway
3. 11% will visit a park or national park
4. 10% will travel to a lake
5. 8% will relax at a resort
As many people will be traveling to the beach or ocean this week and trying to make the most of their fall/end of summer travel, TripAdvisor has identified great deals for last-minute beach getaways.
In fact, hotel prices in top beach destinations will be reduced by as a much as 34% in September.
• Ocean City, MD – 34% less in September
• Myrtle Beach, SC – 26% less in September
• Los Angeles, CA – 16% less in September
• San Diego, CA – 10% less in September